Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Well if we're gonna make gay marriage illegal..

I agree that we should ban other variations on marriage too. In my opinion it is ridiculous to ban gay marriage, and it makes my blood boil when ignorant people declare that gay marriage tarnishes the sanctity of marriage, because divorce does so in a much bigger way and half of marriages end in divorce. Californian John Marcotte wants to put a measure on the ballot next year to ban divorce. I am fully in support of this, in my opinion people should be able to end their marriages if they feel that they need to, however I feel that if we are going to ban certain types of marriages, then we should definitely ban the option of divorce. Don't you know there are millions of nice, gay couples who would kill to have the legal union you're just thowing away?

No comments:

Post a Comment