Monday, September 7, 2009

All the President's School Children..

As most are aware, President Obama will deliver a speech to be shown to school children tommorow, Tuesday September 8th. What I did not realize about this speech an event which seems to be a positve thing to me, is that many view this speech as Obama trying to brain wash their children.. To me this is kind of ridiculous, that a Presidential speech to elementary school kids would be interpreted as brain washing, or even a negative thing at all. Sure if the children are subliminally asked to join an Obama worshipping cult by puppets I can see how people could be shaken up, and as far as I can tell his speeches will be puppet free. Assuming that Obama sticks to the basic, "Stay in School, Do your best.." it should be a really great thing, and also it will be really exciting for the kids! If we'd had a presidential speech in on TV in one of my elementary school classes, I would have been stoked! I think people need to recognize that this is for the children, and that they need to stop constantly looking for something to be upset about.

No comments:

Post a Comment