Friday, October 23, 2009

Ageism?

Not exactly, but in a Florida retirement community, people are rallying together to evict a six year old girl. I totally understand why rules stating a minimum age for a resident of a community designated for retirees ( after me and my older brother had an adventure around my grandmother'
s community and we were shrieked at by every octogenarian in sight, I got the picture. They like their grandchildren, but not everyone else's).
However I think that it is ridiculous that the community members can't just be generous and drop their prosecution until the couple with the granddaughter in question is able to sell their home. Forcing a young girl to go live with foster parents because her grandparents can't sell their home strikes me as very cold-hearted.

No comments:

Post a Comment